Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

An Open Letter to Dianne Feinstein




Dear Senator Feinstein,

I want to address your recent actions affecting the confirmation process of Judge Kavanaugh.

Dr. Ford said she could not recall the specifics of her attack, which should have caused alarm.  I am a real victim of sexual abuse, having experienced a gang rape in the summer of 1975.  Something that traumatic stays with you for the rest of your life and you remember details.  You don’t just remember the names… you remember the place,  the circumstances as well as the surroundings.  Nothing is fuzzy.   Even though I was under the influence of alcohol at the time, I can still see the faces of my attackers, I remember the house, the street it was on, the color of carpet in the house and the feeling of the coldness of the red formica dining room table where I was held down and violated.  

Yes, it is important to take sexual misconduct seriously, but it is your responsibility to use common sense and check the story for validity before destroying someone’s reputation.  Your “last ditch effort” to derail Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation proves you have no desire to search for the truth as long as it meets with your political goal of obstructing the current administration no matter who it hurts.

You are a disgrace to California, the Senate and the country.  I pray that sometime you will look into that dark soul of yours and find the last part of light that exposes the damage you have caused.  I pray you accept responsibility for your reprehensible actions and ask for forgiveness….from real victims, your constituents, the country, Judge Kavanaugh and most importantly God. 

I will continue to pray you see the light.



No comments:

Post a Comment